So…anyone else have some shtuff still sitting around from Christmas?
There may or may not be a nekid tree in a stand on my back porch waiting for lights to be de-strung and burnt in a big ceremonial New Year bonfire. Just me? Well alrighty then…
I was gifted with a spiralizer and a big bag of pistachios by Santa this year and today was the first day that I decided to utilize both.
Some of you may remember a few years back when I went on a low carb diet and dropped 35ish pounds. I chronicled it all on a special blog I set up, which is now defunct, like my low carb eating habits. Four years later and that 35ish pounds has creeperishly snuck back up.
So it’s time for me to take back control like a bosslady.
Spiralizer! Where have you been all my life?
I’m in love with a spiralizer. True story. It’s got my zucchini like what?!
Zoodles (aka zucchini noodles) have the perfect texture to stand up to a hearty pistachio pesto sauce.
Top your bowl of mock pasta off with a few tart blistered cherry tomatoes you roasted up in the oven and you’ve got a 20 minute lunch worthy of a spot in the Healthy Diet Hall of Fame.
So good y’all….so good!
- 1 large zucchini
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz package of fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup pistachios
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your ove to 400 degrees
- Toss tomatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes
- In a food processor pulse pistachios, cheese and garlic until course crumbs.
- Slowly pour in your extra virgin olive oil.
- Season pesto with salt and pepper.
- Spiralize your zucchini using the "thin spiral" blade.
- Sautee zucchini noodles in a tad bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. I cooked mine for about three minutes on medium high heat.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of pesto to the sautee pan and warm through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with blistered tomatoes.
- Store your extra pesto sauce in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch.