On a recent trip to “Beer City USA” aka Grand Rapids, Michigan, I renewed my vow of love with Chocolate and Coffee Porters. They are the quintessential beer aficionado’s dessert and the perfect end to any day.
I’ve been dreaming about the Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter I sampled at B.O.B.’s Brewery and thinking about what type of tasty treat I could whip up to go along with it.
Salty and Sweet. Bacon and Chocolate. Craft beer and potato chips. Do I have your undivided attention?
If you’ve already started your craft beer session and you’re craving something salty and sweet “NOW” never fear! You can have these whipped up in under fifteen minutes.
- 7 oz. bag Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Waffle Cut Potato Chips with Sea Salt
- 3 tbs salted butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 oz white baking chocolate
- 2 oz semi sweet baking chocolate
- 2 tbs bacon bits or crumbled freshly cooked bacon
- Coat an 8 x 8 square baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a large saucepan.
- Add 4 cups mini marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add potato chips to the marshmallow mixture and stir until all the chips are coated.
- Turn that mixture into your greased baking dish and use a piece of wax paper to press the potato mixture down.
- Melt your semi sweet baking chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over your potato chip mixture.
- Melt your white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the semi sweet chocolate.
- Sprinkle bacon on top.
- Allow your treats to cool completely before slicing and serving.
….Just try not to eat the entire pan…